Earth. Visualized. (beta) presents constantly updating weather and climate data. The app gives the curious an interactive experience to explore views that are normally invisible to the eye, yet critical to understanding humanity’s role in the environment. Our planet is a living thing. Earth. Visualized. aims to educate people about their world.
The creator is a former winner of a NASA Space Grant scholarship and has worked in the Film Visual Effects Industry.
More Details - Key Features:
- Supports Android phones and tablets
- No advertising
- Brings 360 continuous views which users control by rotating and zooming
- Displays current local weather information (temperature, conditions, forecast)
- Updates Real-time with images of the day and night horizon on the Earth’s surface
- Updates cloud cover every three hours
- Updates on the Earth’s snow cover and sea ice extents daily
- Over 20 different visualizations
- Illustrates current global weather conditions, including temperature, maximum forecast temperature over the next 24 hours, minimum forecast temperature over the next 24 hours, relative humidity, wind speed, atmospheric pressure, and precipitable water
- Provides global climate data, including sea surface temperature, land surface temperature anomaly, ozone levels, chlorophyll concentration in the ocean, and more
- Provides built-in 12 or 24 hour clock
- Views of your current location on the planet